FEULING VENTED DIPSTICKS
Feuling Vented Dipsticks allows crank case pressure to escape the oil tank through a PCV style breather resulting in decreased engine blow-by
Due to the inability to drop ship Free Shipping is unavailable on some California orders please use “Add to Quote” option for delivered pricing
Customers located outside the USA please use “Add to Quote” option
The Feuling Vented Dipsticks allow excessive crank case pressure to escape from the oil tank through a PCV style breather, consisting of an oil separator system, perforated disc, replaceable filter element and umbrella flapper valve. Feuling vented dipsticks screw into the factory oil fill spout as a stock replacement part. These breathing dipsticks remove unwanted build-up of blow by pressure in the oil tank. Blow by is pressure that is forced past the rings and cylinders, pushed into the crankcase and then forced into the oil tank. Feuling Vented Dipsticks help remove this unwanted pressure through a (CVS) Crankcase Ventilation System. Test results show a decrease in engine oil sump levels, more freely/smoother revving engine, increased MPG and decreased blow-by.
- Screws into the factory oil fill spout as a stock replacement part
- This breathing dipstick removes unwanted build-up of blow by, which is found in engines with excessive leakdown through the rings/cylinders which is a common issue with large displacement big bore engines
- Test results show a decrease in engine sump oil levels
- Dipstick vents excessive pressure from the oil tank through a breather system consisting of a filter element and umbrella valve
- Choose from two venting style options when installing the dipstick
- There are two ways to read the oil level with this dipstick, with the bike on the jiffy stand (FHS) or the bike upright and level (FHU)
- If reading the dipstick with the bike on the jiffy stand you will take your reading from the dimples labeled FHS (Full Hot Stand)
- When reading the dipstick with the bike upright and level you will take the reading from the dimples labeled FHU (Full Hot Upright)
- Made in the U.S.A.
NOTES: All internal combustion engines have a certain amount of blow by. Larger cubic inch engines as well as engines with worn and or loose ring clearances will have increased blow by.
- We include 2 venting styles (Options) to choose from when installing the dipstick:
- OPTION 1.) 1/8 NPT breather vent fitting with internal porous filter element. This option gives a clean look however it can produce an oil misting/residue out of the element on engines with excessive leakdown/blow by.
- OPTION 2.) Quick disconnect coupler fitting with rubber hose and filter element. This option will run any excessive oil misting/residue through the line and into the filter element. However this option does requires disconnecting the fitting in order to check the oil. This is Feulings preferred option as it breaths more than option 1.
- For option 2, we recommend routing the line up the frame rail, up under the seat/abs area then back down along the right side frame rail and the filter element can fit cleanly between the engine/trans matting area on the inside of the lower right frame rail.
- The oil pick-up port is on the right side of the engine. Letting the bike idle or warm up on the kickstand will naturally fill the engine case and skew the oil level in the tank
- Feuling highly recommends staying off the rev limiter and running conventional oil in the M8 engines to help maintain ring seal and minimize blow by.
- Checking oil level, There are two ways to read the oil level with this dipstick, with the bike on the jiffy stand (FHS) or the bike upright and level (FHU).
- FHS = FULL HOT STAND If reading the dipstick with the bike on the jiffy stand you will take your reading from the dimples labeled FHS (Full Hot Stand).
- FHU = FULL HOT UPRIGHT When reading the dipstick with the bike upright and level you will take the reading from the dimples labeled FHU (Full Hot Upright).
OIL LEVEL – DO NOT OVERFILL OIL TANK!
It is important to get the correct hot oil level in your bike. Feuling recommends running the oil level 90%-99% full when hot. The oil pick up port is on the right side of the engine. Letting the bike idle or warm up on the kickstand will naturally fill the engine case and skew the oil level in the tank. We recommend the following steps to achieve proper oil level.
- Check cold oil level.
- Ride the bike until operating temperature is reached.
- Shut the bike off while still in the upright position. (This insures an accurate reading)
- Once the bike is on the kickstand check oil level.
- Add or remove oil as needed
06-17 TC DYNA, 07-16 TC TOURING, 17-20 M8 TOURING, 18-20 M8 SOFTAIL